I don't have a lot to say - I am still rather numb.

I heard a news anchor on CNN explaining a bit of push back against the lowering of sugar prices.  Some one or some group, like a sugar producer, is fighting this effort (I guess there is an effort, but its news to me).  

The CNN anchor complained about this obstacle causing our candy to not be as cheap as it could be.
Really - Really.  I just don't have the words to express how much of an IDIOT I think that person was.

There is no question that cheap, processed foods, high in fat and sugar are behind the drastic increase in calories in our diets - leading to a 66% adult overweight/obesity prevalence. 

Sugar and corn are VERY cheap - it is fruits and vegetables that cost the most money.  What the heck was that woman smoking????

Add to that, this linked article that CNN posted just two months ago.  They are either concerned or not.
- sigh -
 
Top