The soda and heart disease study continues to await my further attention.  I am very excited about dissecting it with my new but still minimal statistical skills.  That I have to put my actual coursework before this article, is not to my liking.

However, not liking something and not doing it are two different things. As I get back to my studies, I will leave you with an overview of the research I mentioned yesterday (in someone else's words).  This is the study my professor was referring to when he said that the findings do not mean that if you eat red meat you will have a heart attack or get colon cancer.  Instead there appears to be an association between eating meat and having the adverse health outcome.  I have not been eating red meat for about ten years.  This is not the first report linking red meat and heart disease.  If I were still eating red meat, I would at least consider cutting down.  The study released this week cannot prove cause, but the results are still convincing.

The researchers for the current study are based at Harvard University and the link below is to the Harvard School of Public Health's own press release.  Enjoy.


Red Meat Consumption Linked to Increased Risk of Total, Cardiovascular, and Cancer Mortality

 
Top