Let me just take this moment to tell you what happened today - not the first time, won't be the last .. but I always marvel at the audacity though most often I am not offended by it.  Today I was not offended, especially as the comments/questions were from a community group colleague.  It went like this:

"You are so little, what size do you wear a zero or ...?  How much do you weigh?  Do you weigh 90 pounds?"

Sigh - I said, "yes, something like that," and "95 I think with rocks in my pockets." 
Then she said, "wow, and you look so healthy!"  and I said, "Well, I am real healthy." 

I know - barely 30% of the population is at a normal weight (with MUCH variation based on gender, age, race and SES) so I am unusual.  But what if the conversation went like this..

WOW - You are So big?  What size do you wear?  Are you like a XXXl?  Do you weigh 300 pounds?  Hmm but you look healthy.. or maybe, but you look so ill? 

Boundaries people - they do a body good - oh wait, that's milk... well....
 
Top