Early last month I wrote about a medical condition that a growing number of women will experience, low levels of estrogen.  This hormone deficiency leads to painful and unsatisfying sexual relationsMy post was inspired by the work of  Dr. Deborah Coady, a New York gynecologist.   
Some time last year, I wrote about a commercial that I thought was  silly and distasteful.  It was a direct to consumer ad for medication - which I find inappropriate. 
Today I saw that commercial again.  I realized this time that low T - aka low testosterone, is no different really, (if not less severe) than low estrogen - aka low E.
Yet, there are no TV commercials directed to women who have low estrogen. None to let women know that they are not alone and have no reason to be ashamed.  Men are not encouraged to accept an absence of good sex because their parts don't work, why should women be any different?
  Where are the ads that tell women their sex lives don't have to end with age, disease or low E?!?  
 
Top