Have you seen the commercial where a person is going to put flea and tick treatment on his dog so he dresses up in a plastic suit and puts on a face shield and gloves?  I believe the 'wife' comes home and gives him a flea and tick product that comes in a special tube.  This tube allows the treatment to be directly applied to the dog's skin without one drop touching the human.

Here is the question.  If the stuff is so toxic it requires a hazmat suit,why in the world would you put it on your pet?