In a news story ( by Bridget Bland) that you can read here, the Queen of Soul, who has not been well, is quoted as saying,

"When you come off (a high-energy concert), a carrot or some celery just isn't going to work," she said. "I've gotta do a fresh fruit thing ... and come up with some tasty and satisfying recipes that are going to work for me after concerts."

I read that story last week and just found it again so that I could share it with you.  When I read what she said about needing something more substantial than a carrot or celery my heart went out to her.  Of course, she needs much more than that and it is sad to think that she, and many others, do not understand that calorie moderation does not have to mean restriction and going hungry. 

I am sometimes too full but always emotionally and physically content after my mini meals and snacks that I create by using low energy dense foods.  The foods are volumous and very nutritious (usually) but not high in calories. 

It is not always/often money that prevents us from eating well, but mental road blocks and lack of education on how to eat nutritiously, satisfyingly, and traditionally WITHOUT taking in excess calories.

Hey Aretha Franklin - check out my You Tube videos, or just give me a holler - I will help you out!
 
Top