Seriously - I was stunned. It was break time during one of my classes and I noticed a sign in the lobby area of the 4th floor of the Science Building. The plaque said, Mountain Dew Lounge.

I pointed this out to one of my peers and then another told me that all the floors have a "soda" named lobby. So I am pretty sure that it would be safe to say that Pepsi helped pay for the building.

Now I do drink a diet Mountain Dew just about every other day (a diet coke on the others) but I consider it one of the less healthy things that I do. Soda probably isn't good for you even without sugar.

I think it is shameful to have soda themed rooms, but at least it wasn't one of the Public Health or Nutrition buildings.

And this is NC - so yes Pepsi rules the south - but what you usually see are buildings and rooms named after RJReynolds or their cigarette brands.
 
Top